Getting your pocket content delivered to your Kindle touch

  • 0
I wanted to have the articles I save in my Pocket emailed to my old kindle touch... I hate reading in LCDs so I used for a while the en2kindle until the point it became paid. It's not expensive but after checking the python wrapper for the pocket api, I figured out that implementing something similar shouldn't be too hard...
So I came across the kindler on github and decided to give it a go.
First think was to have a look at the Pocket Authentication API Documentation and get a consumer key for the Kindler script.
I forked the repo changed a few things in the code because GMail wasn't working.
I now leave it running in my mac or Linux Box 24h a day and get stuff delivered almost instantaneously.
If you want to give it a go, here a few notes:
I had to install before:
pip install pyyaml
pip install setproctitle
pip install requests
pip install pyquery
pip install humanize
pip install gevent
Get it to work having an http server running:
python -m SimpleHTTPServer
My cfg.yml:
api:
  consumer: ########
  redirect: http://localhost:8000/

users:
- pocket:
    user: ########
    pass: ########
  kindle:
    email: ########@kindle.com

smtp:
  host: smtp.gmail.com
  port: 587
  user: ########@gmail.com
  pass: <Application password! Not your GMAIL!!>

No comments:

Post a Comment